1923 Walk: The Heart of Richmond: Its Victorian and Edwardian heritage

Sunday 29 September 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM

Price for single attendee: £16.00

A guided walk around the centre of the Town led by local architect and historian Paul Velluet, to include the remaining parts of the L&SWR
station of 1868, the two late-19th-century station hotels, Arthur Grove’s Arts and Crafts extension to the Church of St John the Divine
of 1905 and his Church Hall of 1911, Frank Matcham’s Richmond Theatre of 1899, Arthur Blomfield’s St John’s Church School of 1867 –
now The Orange Tree Theatre, Richard Brewer’s Gothic Revival Fire Station of 1870, WJ Ancell’s Town Hall of 1893, FS Brunton’s Public Library of 1881, GF Bodley’s extension to the Parish Church of St Mary Magdalene of 1904, Joseph Locke’s Richmond Railway Bridge and viaduct of 1848, and the late-19th-century and early-20th-century commercial buildings of the Town. Meet at the upper concourse of Richmond Station. £16. Booking required.*

 


Sessions

1923 Walk: The Heart of Richmond: Its Victorian and Edwardian heritage


Event code: 1923

Please log in to book