The Merseyside Centre for the Deaf in Liverpool is Grade II-listed and was built in 1887.
Merseyside Centre for the Deaf, Liverpool (Grade II, 1887, E.H. Banner) Initially built as a chapel for the Merseyside deaf community, this once grand gothic structure is in a terrible state. For twenty years after its closure in 1986 it was run as a successful community centre for the Igbo community, but rising costs and an aging membership forced them out in 2007 and it has been closed ever since. The community are full of ideas for its transformation, but its current severe condition means urgent works are desperately needed first for its repair and to secure it from further damage.